State Technical Head
Andhra Pradesh,Karnataka,Telangana, India
6 - 8 (in years)
₹ 8,00,000 - ₹ 11,00,000
Job level - Management Trainees
The Technical Agronomy Head will ensure the development, delivery and stewardship of Pro-Rise products and technologies across crop platforms to meet annual and strategic business goals. This role will lead the planning, prioritization, resource allocation and execution of trials and field demonstration programs to evaluate and/or showcase new products and technologies for their agronomic fit and commercial viability.
- Responsible for technical and agronomy competency in Horticulture crops cash crops & field crops. Continually assess agronomy capabilities of the commercial teams, complete gap analysis, and develop plans to fill gaps.
- Drive excellence in product testing, advancement, positioning and lifecycle management
- Characterize environments and farm management practices to develop product advancement segments and product concepts.
- Drive efforts for effective testing and introduction of Pro-rise concepts and Pro-rise products and technologies across key crops and indications. Ensure product performance is thoroughly evaluated and appropriate use-recommendations are developed before launching new products.
- Work with sales and marketing and local agronomists to effectively position available supply and maximize farmer yields.
- Strong interpersonal communication and influencing (with or authority)
skills to work across numerous internal multidisciplinary groups.
- Self-motivation and ability to travel.
- Decision making skills.
- Capability to acquire scientific / product knowledge.
- Customer orientation and credibility with key stakeholders.
- Develop technical & agronomic excellence throughout the Pro-Rise Brand
- Build technical and agronomic knowledgebase for the organization and identify additional expertise as needed.
- Lead the development of product and agronomy training modules for Pro-Rise and complete crop nutrition.
- Provide best-in-class product and agronomic training to the techno-commercial functions across organisation.
- Design and execute an Agronomy Service Model (e.g., learning centres, farmers field schools, key farmer network, etc.) to provide helpful management advice to farmers that helps them to maximize their profit.
- Technical Stewardship
- Work within teams in the implementation of product stewardship and compliance programs to preserve product benefits for the longest time and protect freedom-to-operate.
- Work with sales to investigate and resolve suspected product performance issues.
- People Development
- Identify talent, recruit, develop, motivate, and provide growth opportunities to team members. Develop performance management plans.
- Actively manage any performances issues within the team by regular feedback and coaching.
- Identify technical and people leaders and provide them appropriate opportunities for development and succession planning.
- Ensure workplace safety and compliance to Fertis policies.
- Food, Agribusiness & Allied
- Job Level
- Management Trainees
- ₹ 8,00,000 - ₹ 11,00,000
- 6 - 8 (in years)
- Andhra Pradesh,Karnataka,Telangana
- Reporting To
- Company Name
- Company Size