Head -Supply Chain Management
The Head-Supply Chain Management (SCM) is an important Leadership position. The key purpose of this job is to lead entire gambit of seed supply operations & the people, to ensure freedom to operate, drive safety across functions within seed operations, own & implement production planning of foundation & hybrid seed production, produce , pack & supply products meeting the demand forecast both in time & magnitude, maintain optimum quality compliant inventory levels to avoid loss of sales , produce finished goods at the budgeted costs and within the agreed timelines, ensure internal & external stakeholder harmony of relationships & build the culture of operational excellence in E2E seed operations to accomplish year-on-year continuous improvements.
- Comply with organizational safety & code of conduct policies & guidelines at all the times.
- To be the key representative of SCM function in all leadership meetings, Board meetings and other forums for communication of business results and redressal of internal audit results, etc to the management.
- To demonstrate leadership co-ordinating with CMD/CCO/Head-R&D/CFO for crop-wise, product-wise planning of annual, medium, and long-term seed supply chain requirements.
- To have a regular cross-functional interface with R&D and Product development functions for commercialization of product pipeline for planning Foundation seed multiplication.
- Guide & coordinate execution of value adding seed production research (SPR) trials to support PAM decisions, ensure timely supply of indented quantities of demo seed of promoted hybrids & facilitate HSP scale up.
- To have a regular interface with CMD/CFO on planning and coordination for contractual engagement with growers/organizers/FPOs,etc. for seed production, including grower onboarding, production monitoring, yield assessments and grower payments.
- To be the owner of crop-wise planning and implementation of seed production supply chains for timely supply of seeds for processing after quality clearances.
- To be the primary owner of all the SoPs of the SCM function and update them from time to time in discussion with experts & with approval of CMD.
- To be the owner and custodian of all the inventory in SCM supply chain and be responsible for the overall warehouse management including lot-wise integrity and bin-wise traceability of inventory.
- To continuously work together with Head-Quality Assurance to align for timely completion of sampling, quality assessment and quality clearance results.
- To be responsible for all the primary logistics activities of raw seed from production fields to the processing plants and processed seed from processing plants to the marketing godown locations or directly to channel partners.
- To interface with finance teams and IT teams for ensuring recording of all transactions in SAP and other digital platforms for regular monitoring of operations and costs.
- To closely work with CFO and Head-procurement for planning and SoP driven procurement of all non-seed raw materials, machinery, project requirements for SCM function.
- To guide the maintenance function for regular upkeep and sustainable functioning of plant and machinery including estate management and maintenance.
- To periodically conduct audits of processing plants, production locations and to be responsible for compliance function for all SCM related matters including labour, HSE and industrial relations.
- Food, Agribusiness & Allied
- Job Level
- Senior Management
- ₹ 55,00,000 - ₹ 75,00,000
- 20 - (in years)
- Reporting To
- Company Name
- Food and Agriculture
- Company Size