Business Head_Crop Protection
This position is accountable for profits and the profitable growth of the Speciality Chemicals business, including the CDMO business. The role will be required to identify expansion/acquisition/green field opportunities and develop the overall strategy and guide the BD team for its institutional and CDMO clients. In terms of operational responsibilities, this position oversees manufacturing plants both technical and formulations, R&D, Business Development (both domestic and exports), Domestic branded formulations and product registrations in India and abroad. This individual will play a critical role in steering this business, including its foray into CDMO, on a high growth path, both organically and inorganically.
- Around 25 years of experience in the Speciality/ agri / allied chemicals business. Experience of managing/leading exports OR Domestic markets for these product categories
- Experience of heading overall business operations including exports markets for these product categories. Ideally from Speciality Chemical/ pharma / Agchem industry with first-hand experience of running Manufacturing operations, R&D, Sales & Mktg, at least at different points of time in his/her career
- Should have managed P&L - driving both top-line and bottom-line, and should have experienced / led organizational transformation and growth
Key Deliverables for the role holder:
- New product identification, registration and commercialization are an important aspect of the business. Additionally geographical expansion across the globe, channel expansion, brand building, market research-based decision making, product management, credit control, stock management to reduce stock costs and expiry of products, environment management and education of farmers will be key challenges.
- Devise business strategy for the Crop Protection Chemicals Business in consultation with Executive Director, members of the executive team and BU's leadership team.
- Explore opportunities for growth (both organic and inorganic options) of the business in new geographies in consultation with the management team.
- Lead business foray into key growth drivers like CDMO BU and specialty chemicals.
- Develop a plan to ensure that a robust product pipeline for the future is maintained including sustained focus on R&D / product innovation.
- Identify and drive business growth in existing geographies and accounts with inputs from the Agri Leadership team.
- Oversee and enable manufacturing operations - production volumes as per plan and product quality assurance
- Ensure Governance and adherance to statutory compliances, safety and environmental norms
- Build infrastructure and manufacturing capabilities through Capital Expenditure (CapEx) Projects
- Plan for key Operational Excellence initiatives through process improvements/ quality projects etc. for the business and drive / review execution.
- Build and manage relationships with key suppliers, key customers, and key government officials.
Salary: Best in Industry
Domain: Agrochemical OR Life Sciences
Segment: CDMO/CSM/CRAM/Speciality Chemicals/Pharmaceuticals
- Life Sciences
- Contract Development & Manufacturing (CDMO)
- Job Level
- C Level + 1
- - (in years)
- Reporting To
- Company Name
- Company Size